As we step into autumn and the surrounding woodlands and parks are transformed into a palette of warm reds and yellow hues, make the most of this season with with your beloved canine companion by your side. At Country Boarding for Cats and Dogs, we have highlighted three unique ways to create an unforgettable autumnal experience for both you and your dog. Enjoy!
1. Trail Trekking
Begin your day with an invigorating walk at a secure dog park surrounded by the stunning autumn foliage. Choose a dog-friendly dog trail, where your furry friend can explore the scents and scenes of the season. Feel the crunch of fallen leaves beneath your feet as you and your four-legged friend play in the leaf piles, and embrace nature. Remember to capture these special moments on camera and create an autumn photo album of memorable snapshots that will make you smile for years to come.
2. Homemade Treats
After a fun and active afternoon dog walk, unwind with some autumnal festivities. For example, why not consider baking some pumpkin or apple flavoured dog-friendly treats, filling your home with the comforting aroma of autumnal spices. See the recipe below:
* 2 ½ cups whole wheat flour
* 2 eggs
* ½ cup canned pumpkin
* 2 tablespoons peanut butter
* ½ teaspoon salt
* ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
* Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
* In a large bowl, mix the whole wheat flour, eggs, canned pumpkin, peanut butter, salt, and ground cinnamon until a dough forms.
* Roll out the dough on a floured surface to about ¼-inch thickness.
* Use cookie cutters to cut the dough into fun shapes for your dog.
* Place the biscuits on the prepared baking sheet and bake for 25-30 minutes or until the biscuits turn golden brown and crisp.
*Once baked, let the biscuits cool completely before serving them to your furry friend.
* Store the biscuits in an airtight container for up to two weeks.
3. Starlit Stargazing and Night time Bonding
As the evening fast approaches, consider finding a cosy spot in your garden or by a window and stargaze. Spending time stargazing with your dog can create a magical bond and lets you both enjoy the beauty of the night sky.
However, autumn evenings can be particularly cold, so make sure you have access to plenty of cosy blankets, hot water bottles and comfy pillows if you decide on going outside. You both want to be as comfy and as warm as possible! As your dog snuggles up next to you, take this opportunity to strengthen your existing bond by spending some quality time together away from any daily distractions.
This October, by following these three simple tips you can create the ultimate autumnal day and evening for you and your canine companion. If you would like to book an autumnal dog walk at our secure fifteen acre dog park, then please call us on 01462 742658. We look forward to receiving your call.